Signature of a collaboration protocol between WAEMU and Guinea and the Platform of Audiovisual Regulators in the region
A collaboration protocol was signed, in Dakar, between the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU) and Guinea (PRA-UEMOA-GUINEA) and the Platform of Audiovisual Regulators in the region.
The Protocol stipulates in particular :
• Organization of periodic meetings on the technological challenges of the audiovisual sector in the WAEMU countries and Guinea;
• Harmonization of standards for the production and broadcasting of images on television channels;
• Development and implementation of a community program for the production and preservation of audiovisual images as well as the creation of a regional structure for the preservation of audiovisual productions from WAEMU countries and Guinea;
• Conducting studies on the media advertising market in the WAEMU space and in Guinea;
• Harmonization of the legal and institutional frameworks of the Audiovisual Regulation in WAEMU and Guinea;
• Design and implementation of community programs to combat violence protect children and women and promote peace in the audiovisual media in WAEMU countries and Guinea;
• Development in common of legal texts on audiovisual media regulation, including social networks;
• Conducting audiovisual media audience studies in the WAEMU and Guinea.
For more information, follow this link https://bit.ly/3Tkch27